Overall benefits of partnering with Cleveland & Cuyahoga Health Data Matters:
- Partnering means: Being able to make available to the public, de-identified data that are seen at the level of a census tract, zip code or other geographic designation, e.g. ward.
- Because we follow standard suppression rules, there are no concerns about HIPAA. ("Suppression rules may vary" but we will work with your organization to ensure your preferences are followed.)
- Your data can be made interoperable with other data on our site. This is especially useful when looking at census tract level data, being able to see the relationship between, say, the average age of housing in a census tract and the incidence of lead poisoning.
- You can easily compose narratives around your data, as staff, students and interns have done on hdm.livestories.com.
- Your data will have a broader reach than might otherwise be the case. Visitors to our site come from every state in the country and more than 200 Ohio cities.
- Being able to make aggregated, deidentified data available on the web saves considerable time for individuals who are responsible for answering public requests for data.