The Healthy Cleveland initiative was initially founded as a partnership with the City of Cleveland and our four major hospital systems; Cleveland Clinic, MetroHealth, St. Vincent Charity Hospitals and University Hospitals/Case Medical Center. The initiative also includes strong collaboration with over 60 different organizations throughout our community including Cuyahoga County Board of Health, Shaker Heights Health Department, social service organizations, community development corporations and philanthropic organizations.
- Promoting high standards for clean air
- Promote health and wellness through education
- Creating healthy neighborhoods
- Facilitating collaborative partnerships to reduce violence
- Promoting consumption of healthy foods and beverages
- Promoting active living
- Promoting understanding of behavioral health and reducing stigma