This Site User Agreement ("Agreement") is by and between CASE WESTERN RESERVE UNIVERSITY, an institution having a principal place of business at 10900 Euclid Avenue, Cleveland, OH 44106-7219 ("Site Owner"), and site users of Healthdatamatters.org ("Site User").
Health Data Matters, through Healthdatamatters.org, seeks to provide community members and organizations with access to comprehensive data and tools to understand and share compelling, accurate descriptions of health in Cleveland and Cuyahoga County. The project is led by Case Western Reserve University’s Urban Health Initiative and Master of Public Health program, in partnership with the Center on Urban Poverty and Community Development at the Mandel School of Applied Social Sciences, and with support from the Saint Luke’s Foundation and the George Gund Foundation of Cleveland. This Agreement governs the conditions of disclosure and use of data on the healthdatamatters.org website (herein as "Data").
Site User agrees to the following terms and conditions before accessing or using the Data on healthdatamatters.org.
- Effective Date: The effective date of the Agreement is the date of Site User’s signature or click through acceptance of these terms, and the terms shall continue to bind you with every subsequent attempt to access or use Data from healthdatamatters.org.
- Data: "Data" for purposes of this Agreement, shall mean all information of varying formats which has been deposited with healthdatamatters.org by Case Western Reserve University or by its authorized agents, to make such information available for public access. Data may cover, but is not limited to, topics including community health, social and environmental information, property ownership, budgets, transportation, education, public safety, public services, and geographic information. Data may consist of, but is not limited to administrative records created by government or other organizations, statistical information designed to improve the function of government and organizations, and information created about government and organizations. The Data on deposit with Healthdatamatters.org is not intended to contain confidential or non-public information.
- Grant of Access and Use of Healthdatamatters.org Data: Case Western Reserve University hereby grants Site User permission to access and use the Data from healthdatamatters.org pursuant to the terms of this Agreement.
Site User Terms and Conditions: The Site User is subject to the following terms and conditions with respect to the Site User’s access and use of healthdatamatters.org Data:
- Site User shall accept complete responsibility for its access to and use of the Data derived from the healthdatamatters.org, or any derivatives Site User makes of the Data.
- Site User shall abide by the licensing terms if provided by the data owner and healthdatamatters.org as publisher.
- Site User shall abide by the terms and conditions of any Third Party Links when accessing data from healthdatamatters.org through such Third Party Links.
- Site User agrees to immediately notify the Healthdatamatters.org Project Manager, Amy Sheon, at 216-368-0915 or via email at ars174 @ case.edu when confidential or non-public information is suspected or discovered through Site User access to healthdatamatters.org. Site User agrees to refrain from use of any confidential or non-public information inadvertently on deposit and accessible from the healthdatamatters.org web site.
- Site User shall not attempt to re-identify any individual(s) using the Data available on the healthdatamatters.org website.
- Site User understands that Case Western Reserve University may, on its own and without notice, remove Data and Third Party Data Links from healthdatamatters.org.
- Site User understands and agrees that there is no obligation for Case Western Reserve University to update or provide customized Data under this Agreement.
- Site User shall comply with all Federal, State, and local laws and regulations governing use of the Data and Third Party Data Links.
- Site User is permitted to acknowledge in publications the Data, Data Source, and the healthdatamatters.org website.
- Site User shall provide feedback, questions, concerns, or comments regarding access or use of Data on deposit with healthdatamatters.org by contacting the Project Manager, Amy Sheon, at 216-368-0915 or via email at ars174 @ case.edu.
- Ownership of Data: Nothing in this Agreement shall be construed as a transfer or assignment of ownership of any data, copyrights, or other intellectual property.
- Disclaimers/No Warranties/As Is and As Available:
DISCLAIMER. CASE WESTERN RESERVE UNIVERSITY HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL IMPLIED AND EXPRESS WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND WITH REGARD TO DATA MADE AVAILABLE IN HEALTHDATAMATTERS.ORG AND ACCESSED BY SITE USER THROUGH HEALTHDATAMATTERS.ORG, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND OF FITNESS FOR ANY PARTICULAR PURPOSE SPECIFIC PURPOSE. CASE WESTERN RESERVE UNIVERSITY DOES NOT WARRANT THE COMPLETENESS OR ACCURACY OF THE DATA MADE AVAILABLE THROUGH HEALTHDATAMATTERS.ORG. SITE USER HEREBY ACKNOWLEDGES AND ACCEPTS THE ABOVE DISCLAIMERS AND USES ALL OF THE DATA IN HEALTHDATAMATTERS.ORG AT ITS OWN RISK AND ON AN "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS.
- Indemnification: Site User agrees to indemnify, release, and hold harmless Case Western Reserve University from any and all liability for claims arising out of or relating to access to and/or use of Data made available through healthdatamatters.org.
- Assignability: Site User agrees that this Agreement may not be assigned by Site User. This Agreement may be assigned at any time by Case Western Reserve University without prior notice to Site User.
- Governing Law, Jurisdiction, and Venue: Site User agrees that this Agreement shall be construed and enforced according to the laws of the State of Ohio and the sole jurisdiction and venue for the resolution of any dispute arising from or relating to the Agreement shall be the state and federal courts located within the County of Cuyahoga, Ohio.
- Through clicking the button below, the Site User represents that he/she is over the age of 18 and understands and agrees to the terms and conditions set forth above.